Enrolment @ St Joseph's
As a Catholic School, our Catholic faith underpins all our actions. St Joseph’s Primary School, Alstonville, promotes a learning community where all aspects of education are nourished. We strongly value the notion of partnership in education, encouraging families to actively work with the school to meet every child’s needs.
Parents applying for enrolment of their children at St Joseph’s are subject to the enrolment policy formulated by the Catholic Schools Office in Lismore. Enrolment at St Joseph’s is based upon the following:
1. The family’s commitment to Christian principles and faith is expressed in their parish community and their willingness to fully accept the school’s religious education program.
2. A positive commitment by families to contribute to the well-being and community nature of the school.
3. Children must turn five years of age on or before 31 July of the year of commencement.
4. Children turning five years between 1 April and 31 July may be enrolled at the principal's discretion and on the parents' agreement that the child may be asked to repeat a class if this is considered advisable.
Catholic primary schools in the Diocese of Lismore use an order of priority for enrolments. See our Enrolment Policy and Fees for more information.
How to enrol online:
Step 1. Prepare your enrolment documents
Step 2. Create an account and/or log in
Step 3. Create or update your child’s profile and your profile
Step 4. Create an application for your school.
The Tuition fees for 2024, payable in advance over four terms, have been set at:
- One child at St Joseph’s $1260
- Two children at St Joseph’s $2394
- Three children at St Joseph’s $3213
- Four children at St Joseph’s $3528
Most book fees are included in this annual tuition fee.
School Building & Maintenance Levy
The levy is $715 per family for the year. Once the year begins, this fee is payable in full for every family regardless of the length of enrolment.
Additional School Fees
- Technology Fee is $150 per student
- Fundraising Levy of $110 per family
A full breakdown of fees is available from the Office.
Preferred payment methods are Bpay (Bpay details are included on your account statement) or Compass Pay. Payments by cash or card may be made via the Office.
Fees can be paid yearly, in advance, by the Term, or by monthly, fortnightly or weekly instalments. We encourage you to view the suggested instalment amounts (below) to choose the best option for you.
Arrangements must be made with the Principal each year for those with special financial circumstances.
Catholic schooling heritage fully endorsed at St Joseph’s means that no family should be deprived of their right to a Catholic education during financial hardship. Parents experiencing difficulty meeting school financial commitments must contact the Principal.
Unfortunately, fees not paid promptly or regularly place your child’s enrolment in jeopardy, and recompense for outstanding payments will be sought.
There will be no refund of the Fundraising Levy, Technology Fee or Parish Building & Maintenance Fund as these are due and payable regardless of the length of enrolment.
Children enrolling in Kindergarten are required to provide the school with an NSW Health Department Immunisation Certificate for Primary School Enrolment, which can be obtained from your Doctor. Immunisation itself is not compulsory; however, in the event of an outbreak of a vaccine-preventable disease in a school, unimmunised children will be required to remain at home for the duration of the outbreak for their own protection.
The vaccine-preventable diseases are Diphtheria, Tetanus, Whooping Cough, Polio, Measles, Mumps, Rubella and Meningococcal.