GROWTH TROUGH LOVE
At St Joseph’s our motto 'Growth through Love,' reminds us each day that we are called to foster the unique gifts and talents of all students to ensure they grow spiritually, academically and socially. As a Catholic community, we believe that God is love and that this love is reflected in the vocation our staff shares to ensure each child grows to experience life in all its abundance.
Enabling students to achieve the fullness of life (John 10:10).
At St Joseph’s Primary School, we provide a quality faith-filled education enabling students to be inspired to grow spiritually, socially, emotionally, physically and intellectually.
St Joseph’s Primary School maximises the potential learning capacity and success of individual students in a Christ-centred, nurturing environment. We achieve this through an engaging, collaborative learning journey to which all members of the school community are committed and all contributions are valued and respected.
Our St Joseph’s School community work in partnership to embody a Catholic environment that aims to:
- Create a joy-filled environment enriched by Gospel values and Catholic traditions
- Generate a sense of community and compassion where we all experience belonging
- Energise students with quality learning and teaching experiences
- Inspire, support and empower others to fulfil their potential
- Personify gratitude and act for social justice by building awareness and empowering students to take action
- Engage families to be active participants in the culture and community of school life
- Celebrate the diversity of ability, background and culture.
Here at St Joseph’s, we maximise the learning capacity by:
- ensuring all are involved in our school community
- developing a learning environment to assist all students in being successful
- utilising the talents of all the community
- learning from each other
- providing opportunities for all to participate.
Here at St Joseph’s, we display success through:
- discovering the potential within
- using indicators of success
- a focus on results improvement
- goal setting to monitor improvement
- communicating success
- being open to changing our approach to ensure individuals can achieve.
Engaging, collaborative learning journey
Here at St Joseph’s, we display an engaging, collaborative learning journey through:
- all are engaged in learning together (staff, students and parents)
- being focused on the whole child, not just the academic performance
- having links to preschools and establishing Junior Joeys
- having constant conversations about best practices through a rich curriculum
- using modern methods like open classrooms, team approaches and inquiry learning
- having professional learning teams, embedded in the Contemporary Learning Framework
- taking up the invitation to work together(Staff, students and parents).
All members of the school community
Here at St Joseph’s, all members of the school community include:
- staff, students and parents
- the wider parish community
- Parish Priest
- other schools, for example, Trinity Catholic College, St John's College
- organisations and personnel in the wider community
- Catholic Schools Office Lismore
- Learning Assistance Program (LAP) tutors
- welcoming all other visitors.
Here at St Joseph’s, we display commitment through:
- agreed expectations for consistency of standards
- understanding it is a partnership between home and school
- respect for the Catholic ethos
- mindfulness of our own role in 21st-century learning
- celebrating our commitment
- student ownership of their learning and behaviour.
Contributions valued and respected
Here at St Joseph’s, we display a value and respect for contributions through:
- raising our expectations
- continuous and open communication
- listening to all stakeholders
- keeping all interactions positive and respectful
- giving people a voice in many roles (PSF, class parents, volunteers, LAP volunteers, parishioners).
Christ centred, nurturing environment
Here at St Joseph’s, we display a Christ-centred, nurturing environment through:
- Making Jesus Real
- Sacramental programs
- Behaviour Benchmarks of Safety, Effort, Respect & Self Responsibility
- Anti-bullying policy
- Pastoral Care Policy
- Wellbeing focus
- Seasons program
- Religious Education Key Learning Area
- Special celebrations
- Better Buddies program
- Retreat days
- Parent Assembly
- Learning Assistance Program
- Social Justice group
- Mini Vinnies
- Acts of Kindness.