Key points to remember when it comes to internet safety:
- Supervision is paramount – set up a 'Family Internet Safety Contract'
- Restrict access to sites
- Know your child's passwords & subscription details
- Check privacy settings on all devices (including smart TVs, Playstations, Xbox, iPads, and phones)
- Check children know how to block & report
- Change wifi passwords & device access regularly
- Remove devices at night from children
- Talk to your children!
If you are unsure about the appropriateness or uses of apps and social media, visit the esafety sites comprehensive list.
We encourage parents and caregivers to make themselves aware of the issues around internet safety and highly recommend these websites:
We are always asked, 'What can I do to help my child with technology?'
Our response: 'KEYBOARD SKILLS & TYPING!'
With the move to online testing for NAPLAN and computers in use in every classroom on a daily basis, it is imperative our students are capable keyboard users. There are many apps and websites available to help with this. We highly recommend Dance Mat Typing for Kids (www.dancemattypingguide.com). This fun website gives verbal and visual guides to students to get them typing up a storm. We recommend using this in full screen mode to remove distractions.